9 Good Ideas For Writing An Essay On Why Living In The City Is Better
Persuasive essay writing is a lot of fun because it allows students to offer and defend a personal opinion using credible supporting evidence from a multitude of sources. It’s a great writing exercise that improves upon a number of skills. One of the more popular topics is explaining why living in the city is better than living anywhere else. Here are 9 really good sub-topics worth considering:
- Living in urban areas bring you closer to a mixture of cultures and sub-cultures, thus broadening your mental horizons and making you more tolerable to the differences in people from different parts of the world.
- Residing in a large city provides greater educational and healthy-living opportunities that are otherwise limited in rural areas because of economic and societal factors, thus making city living essential for professional and personal growth.
- For people who have had a hard time dating or meeting a companion, city life offers more options when it comes to finding a person who may fit the specific criteria a person looking for a relationship prefers.
- Urban living often incorporates several neighborhoods that collectively create a large city. But each neighborhood offers most of the amenities one needs to enjoy daily life without having to drive for miles.
- Urban areas offer a greater cultural mixing pot when it comes to the arts, thus exposing people to wider pool of thoughts and ideas that may work to further a city’s cultural center.
- City living is better because national governments are more willing to pour monetary or political support when these places suffer economically or in other ways that could hurt the nation as a whole.
- There are more opportunities for easy traveling within a large urban setting than there are in rural areas where not having a vehicle could mean having to walk miles before arriving at a place that offers public transportation.
- Cities are planned and developed to survive and handle natural disasters, while urban areas can suffer greater damages and receive less timely response and relief, making cities much safer in times of crisis.
- There are more chances of professional upward mobility in large metropolitan areas than there are in small towns where citizens are more concerned about retaining quaint features. Thus a person wishing to move up in the world would have a greater chance to do so in a city.